3/19/10

Waterfall, fall with me for a million days

i'm telling this to my roommate adam right now too. I've been training myself lately (for 5 years i guess, since i was a moron before that), to be "moved" to all or most forms of innovative, genius, towering forms of music, upon first listens--to experience the ecstasy of the virgin listen--instead of having to force myself to listen to some music that I just think I should like. I think i've reached that point, where I don't need to wait on music anymore, where I have been patient enough already, and I can understand upon first listens. And I don't need to fight through time anymore, I don't have to wait to love a spectacular album, don't have to wait for anything to sink in, don't need ritalin to stay focused, don't need to torrent thousands of songs at once, and never pay any attention to 99% of the songs, don't need to make bullshit rules like "if the first 15 seconds doesnt..."

I think i've "trained" my ears and tastes to the point where I can genuinely love and appreciate the great music that has come before my time. I can understand what music deserves respect, without someone telling me, I can feel it in my bones, i can revel in it. But now I feel like I still don't have enough time to listen to everything i want to listen to you. I want it all now, but i have to work for it, need time need more time. I hope I don't die soon, I'm not ready anymore. But it's easier now, all so much easier, and so fulfilling. It feeds my soul, keeps me from depression or whatever, drives my each day to the next so easily.

Oh my jesus this is an incredible looking cover:

I feel pretty damn retarded that I haven't been listening to Jimi Hendrix enough at this point in my life, that i've only remotely liked a few of his songs. It really gives me a deep pain, my ignorance.


4/11 edit: this post seems stupid or juvenile or something in retrospect. Jimi is cool.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    "indredible" was funny, whether intentional or not.