2/9/12

quiet days in cliche

saw HOWL recently. By recently, I mean around half a year ago.
Some really great things were said in it. This was perhaps the best quote--


the act of writing becomes like a meditation exercise
if you walk down the street in new york, for a few blocks
you'll get this gargantuan feeling of buildings
and if you walk all day you'll be on the verge of tears
but you have to walk all day to get that sensation
and what I mean is
if you write all day
you'll get into it
into your body
into your feelings
into your consciousness

It seems I've been without passion for a while now. the kind of passion that would inspire poetry or song etc. Not particularly BORED, because reading is more and more engaging everyday. but yes, simultaneously VERY BORED. 
I'd like to work myself into a frenzy of expression. Something down there buried by _____. Remember the time I was married to caffeine and adderral and felt the holiness pounding away at the keyboard, the holy energy and spunk in my fingers. 

young. so young and bored.

0 comments :