5/20/10

Ancient Submissions.

What is Gothic Funk?
Their blog seems strange, like it's trying to keep its identity a secret.
Also, their name clashes with the website layout.
or maybe not, I guess, since "funk" is attached to "Gothic"
I guess it flips the intended meaning of just "gothic"

it seems I submitted something to them over a year(?) ago.
It seems like it will appear in this cool/confusing format like this
I've forgotten what these guys are all about.
Did I even submit the poem, or did they steal it from my hard drive?
People take so long handling submissions these days.
Some older poet told me that once upon a time editors sent replies within 2-3 weeks.
I'm too young to know that time. Sounds mythical.
anyway, thanks for accepting my work Gothic Funk.

4 comments :

  1. Connor said...

    Hello there,

    You submitted your poem on 12/10/2009 via email... so that's five months. It definitely took longer than we like, but still not quite a year.

    Anyway, if you want to know why our online mise-en-scene isn't quite typical of the word "gothic," there's a great interview about the group posted here:

    http://www.examiner.com/x-416-Chicago-Literary-Scene-Examiner~y2009m8d28-Friday-feature-The-Gothic-Funk

    Thanks for submitting, and hope that all is well!

  2. mad said...

    yo connor. sorry. seems I've been put in my place. Smith, Mary-Antoinette. Do you know her?

  3. Connor said...

    No problem! We need to practice making ourselves less confusing... a lot of that is my fault.

    Anyway, I don't know Marie-Antoinette Smith. And Google isn't helping me much here either. Who is she? :P

  4. mad said...

    I thought she was my link to you. I guess not. someday I will find this link we share.